3P PTFE Films & Tapes – Gaflon®
PTFE Films and Tapes range gather a very vast number of high performance products which offers insulation, friction and resistance solutions to suit your industrial needs.
Material for PTFE films & tapes
All our products show an excellent resistance to hostile environments and critical applications: resistance under very high temperature and fire, high insulation rate, very low friction rate, excellent mechanical stress resistance, etc.
PTFE Unsintered Tapes
3P is the recognized world leader in the manufacturing of electrical tape used for cable winding. These tapes are used in a variety of industries, such as aerospace, where high temperatures affect the performance of electrical wires and cables, as well as other critical applications like the signal protection in microwave/ high frequency data cables thanks to their dielectric properties.
3P is by the way the first company to produce PTFE tape in France, first used as Thread Seal tape and rapidly after as electrical tape, for cable wrapping, with all kind of technical prerequisites. PTFE tube extrusion is also at the heart of 3P’s activity. In all these product ranges, 3P continuously develops and improves the processing tools, to provide unique performance and competitiveness.
- Virgin or Filled PTFE to add specific properties: laser markable, arc cracking proof, resistance to cable cracking at 360°C or 380°C during 48 hours.
- A wide range of RoHS compliant colors are available. For the most demanding applications, tapes can be formulated with high contrast colors.
- As a provider of global solutions, we propose all kinds of packaging: Jumbo Tolls, Flat Pads, CWS (Cross Wound Spool), Step-Winding Spools and Conical Spools.
Low Density Tapes
3P Low Density PTFE Tapes products have been developed for challenging electrical applications such as cable insulation and low noise cable.
- High mechanical properties for a high performance cable,
- static electricity free for easy wrapping,
- high dimensional stability during sintering,
- high stability during storage at room temperature above 19°C.
TST : PTFE Thread Seal Tapes
Full standard compliance for many applications, our 3P TST are acknowledged in demanding industries. TST products are used in the construction, automotive and chemical industries. Its waterproof, non-stick surface and its self-lubricating properties facilitate assembly and dismantling of joints. Chemically inert, it has unequalled resistance to gases, solvents, acids and other corrosive liquids.
- Our TST spools and covers are available in a range of colors and have a high shock resistance. Thanks to our precision stamping machines, markings also are available in different colors and designs
- Many dimensions (length, width, thickness and density) available
- Compliant with common standards (on request): EN 751-3, BAM approval for gas or liquid oxygen applications, DVGW approval for water and gas applications, GASTEC approval for Gas applications, WRAS approval for drinking water
With a thickness under 250 μm, our thin films are skived sheets, based on sintered PTFE. Because they show inertness to most chemicals, a very long lifetime, an extended temperature range, a good resistance to stress and outstanding mechanical properties, our 3P Films are highly recommended for critical applications.
As an option, 3P Films products can be etched or charged to obtain the right properties for high standing applications.